Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

All right family, this blog's for you. Here are pictures of your wonderful/beautiful/darling/cute daughters/granddaughters/neices as they celebrate the one day of the year when it's ok to beg for candy. No, I'm really not that cynical about the holiday because I get to steal the good candy out of their bags when they're not looking :)

Mom, I hope you get a chance to see this on your long voyage back to the United States. Oh wait, you never left the US, it probably just feels like you did.










Sara starts us off with the "oh honey, will you stand there while we take your picture and look really really really cute?" picture. It's not hard for her to do since she is adorable. Caitlyn refused to have her picture taken: she's 4 (that should explain it). She said she'd rather have her picture taken while she was begging, I mean, trick-or-treating. So here it is.














Still no smile from her but it's early. The day started off drizzly, chilly and a bit windy but would get better as the morning wore on. Her attitude improved with the weather. Outside Tess' Kitchen Shop, Snow White and the 7 Drawfs (is that still politically correct?) were giving away candy. Here, Snow White tempts Caitlyn.








I guess I should mention the event we were at. Every year Grass Valley shuts down the main street in town and the employees from all the businesses dress up and give away candy to younger kids who don't normally go out at night to trick or treat. I've gone every year with Caitlyn and now Sara and it's a lot of fun. The weather kept the crowds down a bit this year but it was still enjoyable.

Caitlyn finally warmed up and decided it was ok to get her picture taken with Sara. She wanted her Nana to see her whole outfit so she took off her sweater.







After collecting candy we headed over to Paulette's for brunch. The girls are getting to an age where it's actually a lot of fun to take them out to a restaurant. After getting home we went through the candy and goodies and here's Sara showing off her zebra finger puppet.





The Center of Performing Arts gives away books each year and here's Caitlyn showing off hers, Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?





Shortly after we got home I had to head over the summit to work at the fire station (I had taken the first part of the day off). It was hard for the girls to see me leave and it wasn't any easier on me. But tomorrow it is suppose to be cold and rainy so I made them a promise: as soon as I get home we'll have breakfast, watch cartoons, movies, and football, eat popcorn, and stay in our pajamas all day. A family day.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got to see the pictures and read all about your day. I missed being there with you all. It was great to see my girls. Thanks xoxoox Love, Mom