Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's certainly COOL in Reno

Yeah, I got in! Active.com accepted my registration for Way Too Cool 50K at 8:04am. I managed to get someone to come in early for me at the fire station so I could sequester myself at a local Starbucks and continuously push the "register" button starting shortly before 8:00am.

For those of you who don't know, Way Too Cool 50K is one of the most popular trail ultras in the nation. Last year it filled (450 runners) in 11 minutes. I really wanted to run it in 2009 so I'm definitely a happy camper. And guess what? Suddenly I'm filled with the desire to go for a run. Too bad it's so blasted cold in Reno. Maybe I'll just head home to my family instead :)

Good luck to all of those still trying to register.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now it begins. 2009 here you come! I am so very happy that you are feeling like running again.Cool Runnings.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. When is it and where is it.?? Happy for you. Love, Mom.

Darrell said...

Cool!

I just finished putting the lights on our tree. Now the rest of the family is putting on the ornaments. Would love to see the tree you cut down yourself.