Monday, December 10, 2007

Going nowhere


Ever feel like you're getting nowhere fast? That's me these last few days. I've been stuck at work for 72 hours (that's 3 days) so the only opportunity to run is on the treadmill. Some of our fire stations have really nice workout areas that make working out enjoyable. Others aren't so nice. My current station is the latter. It takes a little more motivation to get excited about spending close to an hour going nowhere.

Yesterday I managed a tough 3 miles. I just wasn't feeling it. I could hardly wait for the run to end. Today was the exact opposite. I could sense it even before I got on the treadmill. I was excited again. I planned to do 4 miles but was having so much fun I did 5. I even threw in about 7 strides to get some quick leg turn-over. Felt great.

Tomorrow I will be released into the real world again and will get to enjoy an actual run on the trails. I can't wait.

No comments: